Size Charts and Fitting Guides
Leotard sizing is NOT generally comparable with street clothing sizes. You should measure your gymnast to determine the correct size.
NOTE: Some apparel has SMALL sizing - this is noted on the description of those pages. PLEASE take this into account when ordering.
The full circumference of the torso is the most important when measuring for a leotard.
To measure the torso - take the measuring tape from the shoulder, down the front of the body, under the crotch and up the back to the starting point.
If you have any queries or questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
* Child Extra Small (CXS) / approximately size AU 2 / EU 22" is available in a few designs.
Note: This measurement is taken from the base of the palm to the tip of the longest finger.
What Size Grip is Right for You?:
- For men’s and women’s dowel grips, measure from the base of the palm to the tip of the longest finger.
- The girls' uneven bar grip and the men's ring grip should be worn only to the first knuckle.
- The men's high bar grip is worn between the first and second knuckle.
- Always choose the correct grip for the apparatus on which is is used. DO NOT use a women's uneven grip on the men's high bar.
How to Fit the Finger Holes:
- In many cases, the finger holes of the grip will not fit perfectly right away - this is absolutely normal.
- Use an object, like a sharpie or sand paper wrapped around a pencil, to carefully stretch the holes. Concentrate on the lower part of the hole, not the top.
- NEVER PULL, STRETCH OR CUT THE HOLES, AS THIS WILL CAUSE THE FINGER HOLE TO TEAR OUT.
How to Break In a New Grip:
- It is helpful to first soften the leather by rolling it back and forth with your hands.
- Concentrate on longer turns rather than quality turns.
- Get a good workout with your old pair of grips and after the workout, allow 10-15 minutes of breaking in time for your new grips.